This workout is designed specifically for older adults to address their specific needs. We start with a walking warm-up to increase the heart rate including arm exercises to improve the range of movement in the upper body. Using the dance bar for security we then practice balance positions interspersed with leg, core and upper body strengthening exercises. The relaxed atmosphere of this class enables the participants to express their concerns and ask questions about the exercises.
Benefits of the class:
- increased upper and lower body strength
- increased ability and confidence when performing day to day activities
- better balance and posture
- increased body awareness and situations that could lead to a fall
- social interaction with like-minded and active people
Join us and watch your Health Profile improve!
Instructor: Nina Lepage
Fridays 11:30am - 12:30pm
September 7th - December 14th